Alienware High-Performance Systems

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Winamp Radio Scheduler Forum : General Discussion
Subject Topic: Setting Up? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
siforek

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 31 August 2006 at 11:16am | IP Logged Quote siforek

I just got into this shoutcast thing a few days ago, so I think I've done quite well so far. Just a question: Although I have found WRS to be the most useful of all so far, I'm not quite sure of how I should go about setting up my schedule.

My goal is to play 1 playlist 90% of the time on a nice shuffle, other times I'd like to have a special track play for about an hour. And of course a few jingles here and there, but never interupting a single song durring the whole process.

Any help?

Back to Top View siforek's Profile Search for other posts by siforek Visit siforek's Homepage

siforek

Posted: 04 September 2006 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote siforek

Any suggestions?
Back to Top View siforek's Profile Search for other posts by siforek Visit siforek's Homepage

cyanidemonkey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 19 September 2006 at 7:58pm | IP Logged Quote cyanidemonkey

If the hour long special track you don't want interupted is a single .mp3 then tell WRS to cue the jobs, this way it will wait for the song to finish before it executes the next job.

I'm not sure how often you want the hour long special track to play, but one way could be to set up a job with your main music that plays 90% of the time. Then select Heavy rotation and choose the hour long special track as the Heavy Rotation file and set the time interval for that track to play. Set up your jingles in a simular manner.
Back to Top View cyanidemonkey's Profile Search for other posts by cyanidemonkey Visit cyanidemonkey's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version