Alienware High-Performance Systems

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Winamp Radio Scheduler Forum : General Discussion
Subject Topic: New Version Wishlist Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
andrei
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 23 April 2005 at 5:03am | IP Logged Quote andrei

Now i know you have wanted a wishlist in this forum for a long time. Now fill it up :)

WRS Will soon divide into two program variants : the standard winamp-using version and a standalone version. Feel free to desire as many functions as you can.
Back to Top View andrei's Profile Search for other posts by andrei

cyanidemonkey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 4:40pm | IP Logged Quote cyanidemonkey

Hi Andrei,

2 things I'd wish for

1. An option to load show ids /station ids into a instant play list that can be fired by hitting the F# keys.
So that a id can be played over the top of a track in a quite moment etc.

2. No repeats in random playing.

I had an idea about this, I no nothing about how WRS works with WinAmp, but maybe instead of making a list of already played tracks and checking against it, could you remove a track from a playlist once it has started playing, like WRS removes whole playlist?
The track will still finish playing even though it is no longer in the playlist. As long as the playlist can play long enough not to run out before the next show would this work?
I'm assuming WRS won't resave the playlist so it should reload as the full list next time it is called up.
Back to Top View cyanidemonkey's Profile Search for other posts by cyanidemonkey Visit cyanidemonkey's Homepage

andrei
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 12:29pm | IP Logged Quote andrei

hello again.

about the requests. the first one will appear shortly, i'm actually working on it and it will be available in the next version (in about 1 month). about the second one, i know repeating songs SUCK. i oh so know it by cursing my own proggie when the same song pops up on air after a jingle  this is not knowingly possible to prevent in winamp, since i haven't figured out a way to send commands to winamp which song to play and which not. perhaps, this will be solved in the near future, whith some more cooperation from nullsoft.

however, this sh*t will be history in the standalone version of WRS which will have it's own player with it's own crossfaders and stuff. until then, we all have to live with this version.

cheers

Back to Top View andrei's Profile Search for other posts by andrei

terrorhawk

Posted: 28 April 2005 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote terrorhawk

it would be cool if u can make a JOB that close winamp for a xx amount of time..
at our webradio we have some dj's that do live shows. sow it would be cool if u can make a job that stops winamp on friday at 21:00 and starts again at friday 22:00 or somthing like that.

Grz
Terrorhawk
Back to Top View terrorhawk's Profile Search for other posts by terrorhawk Visit terrorhawk's Homepage

dihelson

Posted: 30 April 2005 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote dihelson

I have another wish, or if this is already possible, I'd like to know:

It would be interesting that when WRS launch Jingles, these would not be only one at a time. On all radios we don't have only one jingle and then the music, instead we have commercials, some 4 or 5 jingles and then, return to the main playlist.

And these jingles would play on a random order, not always the same order.

There's a software called RADUGA which works with what they call mini-playlists. They are mini-playlists for jingles which when it's time for a jingle, the program call a certain mini-playlist and play all of it before returning to the main playlist. So, we can call a single jingle or a string of jingles, depending on what we want.

It certainly would be nice to have some buttons on the top to launch station ID and effects at the click of a mouse ( Indeed I saw a better design for this on an ancient software I can't remember the name, it was a set of tabs, in cascade, one behind the other. Each tab occupies all screen and contain many many buttons. So, say the software had 10 screens in cascade, each one has 20 buttons, so we have instant access to 200 effects. We can adress whatever Wav file, or mp3 file to each button previously and save all the set.

This is useful, because if we need, say effect 146, we only need to click twice: One on the window ( tab ) and another on the button 146 to launch the corresponding effect or jingle. this is very very useful on a Radio Station to launch hundreds of effects and things assigned to whatever we want. Say we would like to put on a live program kind of funny things like the voice of "Fred Flintstone" saying "Wilmaaaaaaaa" on button 164, then it's easy to locate it during a live program. We would need only a click on the mouse, all effects would be there.

Dihelson Mendonça

Back to Top View dihelson's Profile Search for other posts by dihelson Visit dihelson's Homepage

teddy

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 11:38am | IP Logged Quote teddy

Hi,

First I'd like to thank the team of WRS because we are a small structure and thanks to you we were able to have our own radio.

I have 2 problems with the scheduler:

- the tuesday don't appear on the drop down window when I want to set the time of a job.

-we have a job every day at 9.00 am , 12.00pm, 16pm, and 20pm. it's a jingle followed by " http://www.tv-radio.com/ondemand/rfi/mere/francais/../../../ ../station/
rfi/rfi-20k.ram"

a program from a French Radio that gave us the authorization to rip their news program.

Unfortunatly it doesn't want to start the jobs. I'd like to have a tip to solve the problem

Back to Top View teddy's Profile Search for other posts by teddy Visit teddy's Homepage

Matty

Posted: 05 June 2005 at 12:02am | IP Logged Quote Matty

I do like the standalone version idea. I like how you keep it all freeware. You should put a donate button on the site. I would be happy to donate and i am sure others would. Maybe make some commercials too "This station is powered by winamp radio scheduler" I would set it as a jingle to play every 10 minutes. I have no wish just thought i'd comment.

dihelson

Posted: 05 June 2005 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote dihelson

It seems that Mr. Andrei has left us alone.

It makes a month since the last post. Here we are, needing urgent changes, like the multiple instances and we can't get it. I'm favorable to that WRS could be payware if there could exist a commitment in release new versions and responsability and time with what we need! Say... 10 or 15 dollars.

[]'s

Dihelson Mendonça

Back to Top View dihelson's Profile Search for other posts by dihelson Visit dihelson's Homepage

wmts883

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 9:17am | IP Logged Quote wmts883

I'd like Winamp Radio Scheduler to remember where it is in the job in case the computer restarts or gets shut off.  Right now we have to use 24 jobs to make sure the legal ID is playing.  If WRS remembers when it gets shut down we could use jingles playing every hour to play our legal ID.  Thanks.

Andrew Good
WMTS 88.3
www.wmts.org
Back to Top View wmts883's Profile Search for other posts by wmts883

DJKrazykevin

Posted: 01 November 2005 at 12:29pm | IP Logged Quote DJKrazykevin

How about scheuling the weather forecast for each day and play it at different times. Now that would be cool to have in WRS.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version